Featured Post

w o r l d

Pssssssst! I have a secret to share.... There is nothing wrong with your world. Fix the vibration. l o v e

a good word revolution

From our vantage point, one positive word can make all the difference in the world. One positive view possesses the power to transform. It is our forever hope that among the thousands of words we illuminate, one will resonate and shift the vantage point of the receiver to a view of the world that vaporizes for at least a brief moment any and all negative emotion they ever could have visualized. l o V e!

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Amarillo Love

Listening to Alicia Keys with Sweetness... Some people want it all... I stare outside of my Amarillo hotel corner room and see this #catastrophe  happening. I watch this guy struggle against gravity in snow drizzle without chains as his truck on an incline slides kiss close to another vehicle. I can't stop watching. Life, 'eh?

Do I do something?

He tries to break the inevitable with a spare tire from his bed. When his host of friends arrive, I'm giddy. Life, eh. How many of us have them?

Sometimes I get to do this. I GET to be a friend. This is my life. I get to help young people on the incline.

Tonight, I was lucky enough to be one of the #dancemoms to a national qualifying #nexstar #hiphop group!!! The other day Farmer Guy and I and a few first gen college students met at the Wagner. We saw #terrycrews live. He chatted about the 'secret' and Humor in Leadership with #jbs. "If you can reach your dreams, they aren't big enough." The other other day I witnessed super young college students receiving awards. Every day I get to be a friend to nearly 200 at risk students. Le jeune!

This is why I write. This is why we watch #13reasons which I finished last week. Same thought in #everythingeverything which #amreading now. We need our tribe, our friends in this life, eh! "Sometimes it snows in April
Sometimes I feel so bad, so bad
Sometimes I wish life was never ending
And all good things, they say, never last."
-Prince

From my window, I watched them work their friend out of a conundrum. It's snowing in April in Texas. Music swirls from the Bodega across the way. Manchild released a new track over on SoundCloud. Fabulous food from Yellow City Street Food, #ycsf fills my heart. 
How can we be better friends in a codependent no more kind of way? Life, eh! Ha! Sweetness just snapped in her sleep. Eureka!

{Repost 4/30/17}

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment