Featured Post

w o r l d

Pssssssst! I have a secret to share.... There is nothing wrong with your world. Fix the vibration. l o v e

a good word revolution

From our vantage point, one positive word can make all the difference in the world. One positive view possesses the power to transform. It is our forever hope that among the thousands of words we illuminate, one will resonate and shift the vantage point of the receiver to a view of the world that vaporizes for at least a brief moment any and all negative emotion they ever could have visualized. l o V e!

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

t r u e north

Newsflash!


Most fantastical discovery- How Language Shapes Thought

We already know this, or else we wouldn’t be here playing with positive words. 

Lera Boroditsky has taken this theory to a whole notha level. In her exquisite language on cognition research, she located an Australian Aboriginal community that speaks in cardinal directions. 


Speaks in North, South, East, West! We SAY cardinal directions, but not SPEAK. 


I get super incensed (in a positive word way) when people insist on telling me how to get from point A to point B with words like Southwest. 


Sounds like static seconds after I hear, “Head out West on… shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr." 


I DO have a G.P.S., Farmer Guy. 


I would lose my lovely mind if someone instructed me to place the glass to the Northeast corner of the plate!

Unless… in my formative years I was taught with those spatial references as opposed to left and right??? 

Fascinating! Even the youngest of the young can point North with accurate ease sans compass. I don’t even know which way I’m facing right now as I type this post.

Their language mandates acquisition of specific directional knowledge; their brains and perception adjust!

What if we required that our language mandate more positive words of truth and love? Would our brains and perception follow?

love
 

No comments:

Post a Comment